Monday, June 11, 2007

thank you to all the group leaders and others

I apologise for the belated thanks but let me explain: after touch-down on Friday evening, I went for Godmum's Chinese birthday dinner. Then the next afternoon I went back to school to settle final GYLC stuff and had Godmum's round 2 birthday dinner (which lasted till 10pm). Went back, woke up at 3AM to send off GYLC students at the airport and found that I was the only GYLC teacher there and an ACS parent made the most unusual request that since I was apparently the only teacher there and was giving the VJC students a short briefing, would I mind briefing the ACS(I) students as well!!!???? Gosh. Crashed into bed and then went to church the next day. So you can see, my jet-lag was exacerbated by quite a few factors....

I want to thank the following:
Julie: for being cool under pressure--when Renee got pickpocketed, she calmly called me and helped Renee to file a police report.

Renee: I really want to salute Renee too, for being so calm after her wallet was stolen. She proceeded to enjoy the rest of the trip, regardless. Both of them are Year 2s, so it's really rare to have them along. :)

Gwyneth: for plaiting my hair, humoring my "Friend Bear" photo requests and being a very responsible leader. For volunteering to go without the guide at Versailles--self-sacrificing....

Jing Han: for being a responsible leader and for being super enthusiastic about Owen's poetry/upcoming Mid-Year--to the extent of requesting for a lesson during the Paris trip, rather than playing cards....

Daniel Fflug: for being very responsible in keeping me updated about the group's whereabouts, since Jing Han's phone was not working sometimes.

Mark Thompson: for being the first to share his photos and for regularly uploading the photos. He's a good Chief Photographer. Some of his photos are very arty and observant. :)

Shun Wei: for being a good sport--this is a very literary trip but she really enjoyed herself and helped to take care of her group mates too.

Jeremy: for accounting for his group when needed. :)

Nicholas: For volunteering to go without the guide at Versailles--self-sacrificing....for buying DVDs on the Somme that I may shamelessly ask to borrow

Yi Ci: for reading up on the Unknown Soldier during the trip--a sight that makes the tedious trip prep worthwhile.

Phoebe: for accounting for the group when needed. :)

Shu Wen: for carrying all the London and Paris maps--Merci beaucoup! :) Too bad we never got to hear your beautiful voice--do you know that it was Mr Teo who wanted you to read the poem at Somme? A real trooper too, she was a little unwell towards the end but kept her spirits up.

May: for taking good care of her group and for being a real trooper--she kept her spirits up, though she was sickish.

Rachel: For being positive though she was ill.

Xiangli: for taking good care of Rachel and amusing us with her incredible potato chip eating feat--you have to see it to believe it...

Audrey: For trying so hard to enjoy the trip though she was ill

There are many other things to mention but that shall be reserved for another post....

Merci Beaucoup to all. :)