Friday, July 6, 2007

nouvelle nostalgia

London & France, where we found ourselves set upon a background of unfamiliarity and diversified culture. The peculiar smell of London's fresh greenery in contrast to the urban skyscrapers set the stage for 32 students, awaiting our impending exploration.

The novel environment; the footsteps that sound different on foreign grounds; the laughter that rang in the air consistently for 9 days or so; these contributed to the inexhaustible list of experiences I've had on the Literature Trip.

But what have I missed the most for the 9 days? The utter warmth of the Sun's radiant glow upon my skin, the sweat that remained under my skin for 9 days, even the occasional squint of my eyes. The sensational weather of homeland.

I miss London & France; but most of all, I miss Singapore because it's where I feel so appreciated and identifiable; where my family and friends reside.

- Group 5